Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Chris Cornell at the Center for Performing Arts in Vancouver



What a venue!
What a show!
What energy!
You know when you're listening to the pros play live on stage in such an intimate setting I could see Chris Cornell's navel. You know how you usually go to a concert and the stage seems so far away. Well not here, mind you our seats were pretty good but we were still half way to the back of the room. The band was practically sitting or rather dancing in our laps. Well, maybe I am exaggerating a little but it seemed really cozy in there and my 37 year old eyes didn't even have to squint. The venue was much too civilized for the crowd really. There were ushers showing us to our seats, comfortable seats, young ladies cleaning the washrooms and no line ups in the ladies room, how amazing is that. I will go there again anytime. The opening act Earl Greyhound was a bit heavy for my liking and just a bit too strange too but the main event was something else.
I met a Fox head!
Take a listen here.

No comments: